This job is no longer available
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Imanova is recruiting for a Research Technician on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, to provide support to the Biology Operations group
A partnership between the Medical Research Council, Imperial College London, King’s College London and University College London, Imanova provides a world class medical imaging service to industry and academic clients. Imanova is involved in the discovery and manufacture of radioisotopes, formulation and control of sterile solutions and injection into patients as part of clinical programmes.
The Research Technician will play a key role in ongoing preclinical studies involving the use of PET tracers within Radiochemical Sciences, by assisting in the preparation and conduct of the studies carried out by the Team. This will include the evaluation and application of novel and established PET tracers using in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro techniques and methodologies.
This role operates in a highly collaborative culture and a high degree of matrix working is required both within the imaging function (partnering with Radiochemists, Chemists, Physicists, Physicians, Modellers, Computing Experts and Scientists).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To provide support to the team in the coordination and implementation of studies and management of projects with respect to in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo evaluation and characterization of PET radiotracers and drug candidates.
- To provide the team with scientific and technical input in order to improve study design, interpretation of results, reporting and communication.
- To use appropriate computer software packages effectively to support the analysis and interpretation of study data.
- Responsibility for simple study design to support evaluation and application of novel and established PET tracers in preclinical studies in collaboration with chemistry and image analysis teams.
- To ensure that the preclinical laboratories are sufficiently stocked with the required consumables.
- To perform routine calibration and setting up of key equipment for study days, conduct in vitro assays and cell culture techniques.
- To Input into the analysis and interpretation of PET data, either alone, in conjunction with other experts within the team or more widely.
- To keep the role’s supervisor informed of progress of activities.
Specific Experience & Skills required:
- Possession of a Home Office personal license and ideally at least 1 year experience of basic in vivo procedures.
- Good understanding of Regulatory requirements.
- Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team, whilst also able to work independently.
- Ideally an interest in Imaging.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
Personal Characteristics and other requirements
Candidates must have a proactive approach and a ‘can do’ attitude.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Bonus, Contributory Pension, PMI, Life Assurance & Flexible Benefits options
Imanova is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.