This job is no longer available
Assembly and Service Engineer (Electronics) AF\016245
South East c17-20k
1 year contract
An engineer with experience in electronics/ electrical engineering is urgently required to support projects involved in the development, assembly and supply of equipment that is used in laboratories worldwide to develop new chemicals, plastics and medicines. The equipment consists of electronics for measuring things such as temperature, pressure and pH integrated through software.
· Assist in preliminary assembly and testing of equipment before units are handed over to chemists.
· Assembly and testing of electronics interfaces
· Fault-finding down to board level
· Ability to use electronics’ test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters etc
· Install, provide training for, maintain and repair our range of systems at customers’ labs as well as at our own facilities.
· Troubleshoot software, hardware, computers and electronics.
· Maintain the high level of customer satisfaction expected.
· Write visit reports, quote spare parts, and communicate and follow up on open issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· BTEC/HNC in Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
· Computer literacy, preferably with some knowledge of interfacing
· You must be able to work independently or as part of a team, and be capable of working to strict deadlines.
· Quick learner of our systems, as well as our electronics and software.
· Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve over the phone, by email, or in a chemical laboratory environment.
· Excellent communication skills within the organization and with our customers.
· Self motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision and a flexible schedule. Willing to travel to customer sites – mainly in UK and Europe (further afield if necessary)
· Experience with PC/windows environment.
· Mechanical aptitude is a plus with familiarity with mechanical fittings and pressure fittings, and use of machine tools, especially in laboratory and prototype work.
· Full, clean driving license required
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Fisher AF/016245, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post. Please call on 020 7421 5200, or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.