This job is no longer available
The Programme Directorate at European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Requirement and Architecture Systems Engineer
Description of directorate/division
The Systems Engineering Office - SEO - is organisationally located in the Programme Management Office. The SEO is responsible for the technical cohesiveness of all individual ESS elements. It is responsible for establishing the overall framework and procedures for the management of the ESS technical requirements, design and verification processes, and for orchestrating the evolution of the design through all lifecycle phases. It is also responsible for setting up and maintaining an ESS centralised model which will store all results of the SE activities.
Description of main responsibilities
The Requirement and Architecture Systems Engineer is responsible for providing guidelines and procedures for the ESS technical requirements flow-down. He/she will set up the procedures and tools to be used for establishing and maintaining requirements as well as configuration management support.
He/she is also will maintain the operation concepts document, facility requirements documents, block diagrams for level 1 and 2, and the Verification Plan.
In addition, he/she maintains the TPMs, performances and resources budget; generate and maintain ICDS at level 1 and 2; as well as being responsible for conducting the RAMI analysis to assess the ESS facility availability and if necessary propose baseline changes to enhance it.
- Master of Science or equivalent in nuclear engineering. Skills in RAMI analysis, RAMI plan implementation and nuclear and conventional safety.
- Experience in the implementation of systems engineering activities within an international project.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others and to communicate efficiently.
- Experience of working in an international environment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
- Experience with one or more of the following is desirable but not a prerequisite:accelerator
- control systems
- conventional facilities.
What ESSS can offer
- Opportunity to work in an international environment.
- A unique opportunity to be involved from an early stage, in the development of a world-leading center for materials research.
- Possibility for personal development.
- Relocation assistance, including family support and Swedish language course, is offered.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent and will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and covering letter in English by clicking on apply and following the instructions. It is a requirement of our application process that the names and contact details (e-mail address and phone number) of three references be provided. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is 27th of August 2012. The recruitment process is ongoing and the deadline may be shortened. Therefore we recommend that applications be submitted as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the position, please contact System Engineer Manager Romuald Duperrier, romuald.duperrier[at]esss.se.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Anne Säfström Lanner, anne.safstromlanner[at]esss.se.
We look forward to receiving your application.