This job is no longer available
A leading high technology R&D company is looking for a talented Semiconductor Device Physicist with a background in Gallium Nitride ( GaN ) power devices to join their innovative Optoelectronics and Semiconductor Device Group. The Semiconductor Device Physicist will be responsible for further improving the company's already impressive understanding of device physics and performance including developing models and concepts to create innovative high performing semiconductor devices.
Role - Device Scientist (GaN)
Location - Oxfordshire
Salary - up to £40K
Benefits - Excellent
Relocation - Available
This company plays host to a number of ground-breaking research projects covering a wide range of applications and technology from Photovoltaics to Medical Devices.
They are amongst the leaders in the development of products for lighting, image displays, electronics and renewable energy generation. They constantly innovate to ensure that they remain leaders in their field. Their product portfolio includes Semiconductor Lasers, Light Emitting Diodes (LED's), Photovoltaic Solar Cells and 3D LCD displays to name just a few.
The aim of the company is to generate new technologies and intellectual property.
To support this goal the company is looking to strengthen its activity in developing new groundbreaking technologies which will contribute to energy conservation in the future through energy saving and renewable energy generation.
As the Device Scientist (GaN Power Electronics) you will be:
- Developing device simulation platforms for Gallium Nitride (and similar) devices
- Generating innovative solutions to enhance device performance
- Generate novel IP
To be considered for the role of Semiconductor Device Scientist - (GaN power electronics) you need the following:
- Minimum of a MSc/MSci/MPhys and ideally a PhD in device physics or related discipline
- Experience in a similar role within a semiconductor organisation would be preferred
- Be an expert in the Physics of semiconductor/opto-electronic devices
- Have experience in device-level simulation of semiconductor devices, especially GaN power devices
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the applications of GaN power electronics and new ideas for applications