This job is no longer available
Qatar Petroleum, a state owned company, responsible for all phases of the oil and gas industry in Qatar, is now looking to recruit a Senior Researcher (Materials & Corrosion) to join their Research & Technology Department (TRD). TRD represents a significant expansion of QP’s technical capability and will be central in ensuring QP remains at the forefront of key technologies through collaborative research with international partners to world class standards.
Research aspects/ projects related to the research area materials and corrosion, such as (but not limited to):
• Planning of research and technology development projects within areas like: materials for sour service conditions, selection/qualification of corrosion inhibitor, high strength materials for pipeline applications, cathodic protection, coatings, corrosion management, inspection technology, nanotechnology to improve material properties.
• Identify, plan, manage and execute research activities.
• Project manage/contribute in projects financed by QP but executed by an external research company/university or in joint industry projects (JIP).
• Networking with QP’s units to secure execution of relevant research activities, quality in the project execution and implementation of project results in operation.
• Actively work with the local universities – Qatar University and Texas A&M – to secure relevant education and training for MSc and PhD students.
• Supervision and active participation in development of less experienced colleagues
Candidates must have a theoretical background and experience within material selection and corrosion from upstream Oil and Gas applications. Between 5-10 years of upstream oil and gas experience, together with 3+ years experience in industrial or academic research. Applications from candidates with slightly less experience will be welcomed for Researcher – Materials and Corrosion role.
A minimum of an M. Sc., in a material related discipline (Material Science, Material Technology, Mechanical Engineering (with focus on material) is required, though a PhD in a relevant discipline is preferred.
Working in Qatar offers a secure, family-oriented lifestyle where expatriate employees and their families are encouraged to fully participate in the community. All posts offer excellent locally tax free salaries together with a comprehensive expatriate package including family status, accommodation and furniture allowances, life insurance and medical coverage, generous annual leave with paid airfares, and other allowances
Interested candidates should click the 'Apply Now' button to forward their CV (in English), quoting UK667108 in the subject line. Regrettably only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Hudson offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.