This job is no longer available
Project Manager - Stevenage
Salary £40,000 to £55,000 depending on experience
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Project Manager into our office in Stevenage who will help drive our business forward by delivering projects to our clients on time and within budget.
As a Project Manager in Tessella, you will have a varied, challenging and rewarding role. You will take on projects from the first meeting with a client through to delivery, and experience the satisfaction of seeing their needs met by the work that you have successfully led.
Your responsibilities will include
- Working with sales staff to understand a prospect’s problem and helping to create a persuasive response that secures the business for us.
- Gathering requirements, analyzing the needs and feeding back to the client in a way that moves their understanding forward.
- Architecting a technical solution either yourself, or by working with senior technical staff.
- Managing the project to ensure that we not only deliver within budget and timescales, but that the solution we provide will delight our clients, which in turn will enhance our reputation and increase repeat business.
- Being an active line manager to your staff, who are all first class graduates, many of whom have PhDs. We need you to ensure that Tessella continues to give them the challenging and interesting career that they are looking for.
You will have the opportunity to work on varied, interesting projects for leading organisations across the globe and you will further your own experience through the projects that you manage. We will provide you with the support and training that you need to succeed in your job and further your career. The position offers an excellent salary and benefits package, and has attractive future prospects. Depending on your experience, you can expect to earn £40,000 to £55,000.
Our clients and staff are mostly scientists and engineers, so a background and interest in these areas is important. You should have a scientific or numerate degree, Masters or PhD, experience of hands-on software development, and a track record of Project Management including the successful delivery of fixed price projects.
You should also be able to demonstrate consultancy skills; the relationships we build and the reputation we gain are a key part of our ability to deliver solutions that impress our clients. Our aim is to ensure that our clients use our solutions enthusiastically and, as a Project Manager, you will play a key role in achieving this.
Please click the 'Apply Now' button to submit your application online, or via email to email@example.com