This job is no longer available
Scientist, Systems Integration
location: Chesterford (nr. Cambridge), UK
Department: Systems Integration
Req Code: 4677
We are seeking a Scientist to join our Systems Integration team and help us develop future generations of our DNA sequencing instruments. The general area of focus will be on development of future sequencing instrumentation and associated biochemistry.
This position will require working as a part of multidisciplinary team developing state-of- the-art technology
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Hands-on testing and integration of DNA sequencing systems - hardware, firmware, software, chemistry/reagents, and application components, prototyping, interfacing of hardware components.
· Work in a team in order to troubleshoot and diagnose faults in instrumentation ranging from fluidic to computer hardware issues and optics
· Contribute to the ongoing development of Illumina's DNA sequencing systems, testing of new equipment and reagents.
· Data analysis, interpretation and presentation of results
· Sample preparation and reagent preparation
Education and Experience:
· PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioengineering or related subject
· Must be hands on and able to work across disciplines. A successful candidate will be motivated and able to work independently on projects and strive to meet tight deadlines.
· Although several years of experience in development or use of analytical instruments in biochemical or sequencing field will be desired, recent graduates that are able to demonstrate ability to work independently are also encouraged to apply
· Must have a high level of numeracy and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· A desire to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
· Experience in optical instrumentation, experimental setup and measurement is an advantage, as well as having practical electronic skills and the ability to interface various hardware components with computers.