This job is no longer available
Business Development / Marketing Manager (Sorption) £30-35k + Car + Bonus
An exciting new opportunity exists for a business development / sales and marketing manager in the area of sorption technology for a leading chemicals organisation. As business development/ marketing manager you will spearhead the commercialisation of new sorption technology to develop and expand this area for the business.
Based in the sales department, as marketing manager you will be responsible for the development of new business for an exciting new range of sorbents, which will be used for the removal of liquid and gaseous contaminants from various sources.
You will be required to do extensive travel across Europe/ Africa/ Asia to customers for commercial and technical discussions, including field trials as appropriate.
· Degree in Chemistry or related subject with post graduate training and experience of inorganic chemistry preferred.
· Experience of the sorption industry either gaseous or liquid (or preferably both) contaminant removal, including the medical area.
· Experience of working under secrecy agreement conditions.
· Ability to tailor and present laboratory results to end users to fit their requirements
· Ability to propose lab programmes in conjunction with customers to develop business opportunities
· Experience of field trials to demonstrate the efficacy of new technology
· Experience of commercial negotiations including supply contracts
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player.
· Preferable experience of working in export market, including Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa
This new position offers an attractive package with 25 days paid holidays, plus statutory holidays together with the option to join the company pension scheme. Relocation packages can be negotiated where applicable.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Fisher AF/016232 on 020 7421 5200 / 07814547440, or apply to
For up to date career opportunities please visit www.hs-scientific.co.uk. Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.