This job is no longer available
Analytical Chemists – Temporary - 6-9 Months Contract
Our client is a Contract Analysis Organisation based in the West Midlands. They currently have vacancies for Analysts to work within their Analytical Chemistry laboratories.
We are looking for analytical chemists to work in potable and waste water laboratories with experience in Organics or Inorganics analysis
To be successful in this position you must be able to work as part of a team and work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
· Carry out analytical testing of Potable and Waste Water samples using a variety of automated techniques;
· Understand and comply with the Company’s quality system;
· Work in a safe manner at all times;
Candidates should have experience of, or be prepared to work in busy contract analysis laboratories. You will have hands-on sample preparation and wet chemistry skills using a variety of manual and automated techniques including Ion chromatography systems, Nutrient analysis instruments, Biochemical/Chemical Oxygen demand analysis (BOD/ COD), Total Nitrogen analysis (TN), Total Organic Carbon analysis(TOC). Experience with HPLC, GC-MS or AAS and ICP would be an advantage.
You will be qualified to HNC, BTEC or Degree level in Chemistry or a related science. In addition you will be computer literate, have good communication skills, good IT skills (Excel and Word), good organisational and time management skills, good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
· You will need to be flexible with regards to working hours between 6am and 10pm and also available to work weekends when required.
· You should be local to the West Midlands and be available to start at short notice, if required.
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £13,000 to £15,000 per annum pro rata, dependant on skills and experience
More Science Jobs at www.sci-search.com