This job is no longer available
Our client are a major FMCG business who are looking for a Consumer Technology Insight Specialist to join their team based in Cheshire
In this role, you will work closely with Brand and Product Development in multi-disciplinary teams, providing critical link between the global unit and other colleagues in regions around the globe. Working as a member of Global Hair Consumer Technology Insight (CTI) team you will ensure the delivery of high quality Consumer and Sensory Insights and product evaluation to contribute to the delivery of outstanding Hair innovations and drive the success of haircare brands in this highly dynamic and competitive market.
We are looking for someone whose background is primarily in the Consumer & Sensory Sciences area with an inquisitive and questioning nature. Research & Development or Market Research experience is essential. Successful candidates will have an insatiable desire to understand consumers, the drive to turn insights into winning innovations, and excellent communication and influencing skills.
- To design and recommend consumer learning plans for own projects and strategic understanding activities
- To set and coordinate the programme of tests with the relevant internal and/or external partners and lead discussions to refine objectives and define actions standards.
- To select, brief and hold accountable the relevant external 3rd party(ies) and/or the Sensory Panel Leader to answer the research brief
- To analyse data and/or primary report from the 3rd party(ies) and add value from other sources of knowledge
- To extract insights from multiple sources of information and identify the opportunities for the business at Global level to the relevant internal partners
- To provide expert recommendations and guidance across the companies CTI communities (e.g. defining Best Practice, assisting with strategic planning, training, capability builds etc…)
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in Science (Food, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Sensory, Behaviour or Cognitive Psychology or Social Science)
- Experience in sensory, consumer /market Research in FMCG or other equivalent industry or agency
- Proven ability to manage own projects and experience of working in multifunctional team
- Proven knowledge and experience in CTI Quantitative Consumer Research as a practitioner, including strong working knowledge of quantitative methodologies and analyses
- Basic Awareness of qualitative consumer research
- Basic awareness of Sensory skills and their application to Consumer understanding to guide new product development
- Ability to interpret complex data, from multiple sources, for concise, clear insights/conclusions and communication to a variety of audiences
- Experimental design, familiarity with statistical tools and statistical interpretation of data
- Problem solving skills with practical creativity
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.