This job is no longer available
Under guidance of the Global Trial Director (GTD), provide operational leadership to the Global Program Team (GPT), particularly in the development and maintenance of accurate program plans, budgets and documentation for large, complex, multi-indication development programs. Provides a wide range of hands-on planning and operational support to the GPT. As deputy of the GTD, helps to ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the GPT, contributes to strategy development, identifies and helps resolve program issues, leads ad hoc cross functional task forces/sub-teams, and helps facilitate alignment across sub-teams and line functions.
Deputy of the GTD in the day-to-day operations of the program
Provides project management expertise to GPT working independently with limited supervision to ensure excellent execution of the program and ensure cross functional alignment of program goals/strategy
Responsible for the elaboration and the accuracy of the development plan (activities and timelines) for a large, complex, multi-indication program to enable execution according to the approved GDPS
Responsible for quality, accuracy and maintenance of the program plan, budget and documentation using the respective systems.
Responsible (together with the PFO) for forecasting the overall program budget (external costs and headcount) by liaising with the PTM's and for timely flagging and communication of budget deviations with accompanying rationale
Responsible for challenging the program timelines and resource requirements
Responsible for identifying issues and potential bottlenecks within the program plans and budget, and proposing solutions for review and approval by the GTD
Responsible for developing GPT meeting agendas and for preparing clear and accurate meeting minutes. Responsible for identifying and capturing action items and for liaising with Project Team Manager's on follow-up activities and deliverables
Provides a wide range of planning and operational support to the GPT working independently with limited supervision
Contributes to the overall strategy and scenario generation of the program
Aids the GPT in the identification of strategic risks and the development of mitigation strategies along with contingency options
Leads ad hoc cross-functional task forces as agreed by GTD
Works with the GTD to ensure alignment of sub-teams, development plan and program budget
Works with the GTD to help ensure smooth day-to-day operation, to facilitate teamwork and positive team dynamics and to maximise team output
Helps ensure program team continuity during transitions and through on-boarding of new Program Team Managers
Masters or Doctoral in life sciences/chemistry or Bachelors of Science plus Masters in Business Administration
Fluent English (oral and written)
* ≥7 years in the industry
* ≥5 years or equivalent multi-/cross functional leadership experience
* Demonstrated track record of success and leadership skills working on several international, multidisciplinary drug development teams in different phases of development, preferably in a complex matrix environment
* Advanced Program Management knowledge, skills and and experience in pharmaceutical drug development
* Advanced knowledge of drug development process
* Advanced knowledge of regulatory and business requirements.
* Advanced level of basic science.
* Expert planning and tracking skills, with the ability to capture details and summarise across GPT/program
* Knowledge of resource (budget and headcount) planning and management.
* Well organised, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time management skills with respect to priorities and self management
* Ability to critically and objectively interpret and evaluate scientific and commercial information.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) for bridging across highly diverse, cross functional, multi-national and geographically dispersed teams
* Detailed knowledge of international customs and business practice