This job is no longer available
Design Engineer / Fuel Cells / CAD / Surrey / competitive salary in line with experience
Our client is developing fuel cell based technology that will revolutionise the production of power for large scale stationary applications. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their small but dedicated team in Surrey.
Working in a multidisciplinary environment you will be a dynamic part of an experienced design team. You will take ownership of specific projects from the development stages to the realisation of working prototypes and production components.
Skills we are looking for include: enthusiasm, creativity, self motivation, effective team player, confidence, problem solving, forward thinking, willingness to learn.
To be responsible for producing new product designs and processes within time scales required of a project
Bringing and developing new ideas for team discussions
To produce detailed CAD models, engineering drawings, reports and plans to a professional standard
To initiate the first stages of the procurement process by sourcing suppliers or materials
Customer liaison, as required, to support the requirements of a project.
Experience and Qualifications :
- An understanding of product design processes and principles of evaluating design options
- Highly computer literate
- Relevant degree, qualification or proven experience within the design sector
- Ability to produce technical documents
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working with 3D CAD programmes (Solidworks would be an advantage)
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to confidently interact with people of all managerial levels
- Experience working in one or more of the following sectors: fuel cell, automotive, heat exchangers, energy and chemical plant
- Knowledge in current high volume production methods
- Practical, hands-on approach to prototype development
Competitive salary and benefits package which includes life insurance and option package.
Rural location - own transport is essential