This job is no longer available
Fuel Cell Scientist, Surrey, £35-40k, Catalyst, batteries, electrochemistry, Polymer/ Materials Science, Chemical Engineering,cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy, thin / thick film, renewables, hydrogen
Our client is developing a fuel cell based technology that will revolutionise the production of power for large scale stationary applications.
They currently have an exciting opportunity at their facility in Surrey for a scientist to work within their Fuel Cell Development team and actively support development programmes that will further optimise their core technology.
- Proven understanding and working knowledge of chemical and laboratory equipment and instrumentation including Health, Safety and Environment compliance
- Previous knowledge / experience / skills in one or more of the following:
Fuel Cell development
Semi conductor development
Renewable and Hydrogen technologies
- PhD degree in Electrochemistry, Polymer/Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in materials characterisation using techniques such as SEM, BET etc
- Practical experience of electrochemical testing eg, cyclic voltammetry and a.c. impedance spectroscopy
- Practical experience in thin/thick film manufacturing
- Demonstrated understanding / experience of design for manufacture
- Previous experience of working in a 'quality focused' organisation
In addition to the above you will be a self motivated, self-starter who thrives on problem solving in an application driven environment and a team-player, capable of communicating concepts clearly and concisely in written and verbal form.
Competitive salary and benefits package, which includes medical and life insurance.