This job is no longer available
October 29 – 31, University of Alabama at Birmingham
The UAB Postdoctoral Recruitment Conference is now accepting applications from senior graduate students actively searching for postdoc positions!
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to:
• hear from outstanding scientists in residence at UAB
• interview with faculty who are recruiting postdocs
• meet informally with faculty and current postdocs who
• share their research interests present their dissertation work during a poster session
• learn about postdoc training programs and career
• development opportunities at UAB
Travel expenses up to $400, accommodations, meals, and entertainment will be provided to graduate students who are accepted for attendance. Applications are due September 4th, 2012. See the website by clicking APPLY NOW below for more details and application procedure.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is committed to the development and success of outstanding postdoctoral scientists. At UAB, nearly 250 postdocs are training currently in a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to engineering, medicine, natural sciences & mathematics, public health, and optometry. Because of its commitment to the success of postdoctoral fellows, UAB ranks consistently as one of the top locations among US universities for training postdoctoral scholars.
Full medical coverage (single or family), competitive salaries/stipends, sick leave, vacation, AD& D, disability & life insurance and maternity/paternity leave are offered with every position. Depending on the source of funding, retirement benefits may also be available.
Career opportunities that enhance and define the training experience for postdoctoral scholars include:
• Courses in Grant Writing, Lab Management, Translational Science, & Job Skills
• Structured programs in teaching and business entrepreneurship
• Awards for career enhancement, travel, grant incentives, and internships
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.