This job is no longer available
The ES cell mutagenesis team are looking for an Advanced Research Assistant. The Team generates gene targeted stem cells as part of several internal and international collaborations. The tissue culture team are stem cell specialists, involved throughout the pipeline, from the initial generation of targeted cell lines using efficient high-throughput techniques, to the supply of high-quality validated germ-line competent ES cell lines to internal and external collaborators.
The successful applicant as a key componant of the tissue culture team with the primary function of delivering high-quality targeted stem cells for use in internal and external scientific programs.
This Advanced Research Assistant role would suit a flexible individual who will be able to work across multiple projects being a key player in lab output. The main focus of the role will be hands-on in our high throughput pipeline, contributing to the generation and distribution of cell lines. This role is an operational function and will also include an element of tissue-culture research and development.
- Science degree in biological sciences or relevant and extensive experience of stem cell tissue culture
- Experience testing and implementing new assays and techniques
- Must have proven murine stem cell tissue culture experience
- Excellent communication skills across all stake holders in the pipeline
- Highly organized individual with a keen eye for detail and the ability to produce consistent high quality work
- Proven housekeeping skills within a lab environment including cryogenic storage areas
- Must be able to organise and manage own workload within team projects
- Experience working within a high-throughput environment
- Ability to record own datasets
This role will include some weekend work
The role is for a fixed term until December 2015
Closing date for applications is 3rd August 2012
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th August 2012