This job is no longer available
Regulatory Affairs Executive - (Ingredient Evaluation /Toxicology) c22k + Bonus + Benefits
South East AF\016251
A regulatory executive is urgently required to provide regulatory support and ingredients evaluation within the Regulatory Affairs department across the R&D function of a global company. Working alongside a large team of regulatory professionals and toxicologists you will undertake legal and toxicological ingredient evaluations in accordance with guidelines from the Additives and Materials Guidance Panel (AMGP). You will use your toxicology knowledge to work in a confident and professional manner, protecting the company’s trade secrets/ confidentiality and helping to make assessments of ingredients based on international regulations.
- Applying additive and materials guidance knowledge of legislation affecting the use of ingredients in the evaluation of their products.
- Carry out routine evaluations as well as quantitative toxicological risk assessments for novel & innovative projects.
- Assist in ingredient disclosure activities and participate in Product Stewardship exercises to ensure that the company’s internal guidelines are maintained.
- Ensure that confidential disclosures for all ingredients and components in use are accurately recorded on the database and held securely according to departmental procedures.
- Provide guidance for market on legal status of ingredients in particular markets.
- As a regulatory executive in Ingredient Evaluation, you will also develop skills which will enable you to contribute to the generation of external technical reports, publications and presentations.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Toxicology.
- MSc in Toxicology advantageous
- Technical experience resulting in a thorough knowledge in regulations in cosmetics, consumer goods (FMCG), food, food packaging, toxicology or chemistry is an advantage however, training will be provided on the job.
- Proficient computing skills to facilitate use of the “in house” database.
- Ensure that confidentiality of supplier’s trade secrets is maintained.
- Prior toxicology work/ risk assessment experience an advantage.
· Good IT literacy
· Good communication and planning skills
35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent
Closing Date Friday 27th August 2012
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus, 5 weeks holiday (pro rata), Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering.
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Fisher (T: 0207 421 5200 / +44 (0)7814 547440) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post (AF\016251).
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org