This job is no longer available
Senior Plant Breeder c £40-47k + Bonus + Benefits
East Anglia AF\016249
An experienced molecular plant breeder is urgently required to provide direction and delivery to projects, by generation of transgenic plants for assessment across the R&D function of a global company. As senior molecular plant breeder you have the responsibility for providing leadership, technical expertise and innovation for the production of donor material, transformation of plants and generation of transgenic plants. You will introduce or improve technologies relating to plant production and molecular breeding to provide this global organisation with a competitive advantage in a variety of areas through novel breeding
· Application of expert knowledge in plant molecular breeding and physiology.
· Support the delivery of transgenic/non-transgenic plants for evaluation via the Gene Discovery and Validation Group and implement MAS program.
· Provide molecular breeding support to R&D for the delivery of projects.
· Development and application of expert knowledge in plant molecular breeding, including a comprehensive understanding of current regulatory requirements.
· Manage projects in accordance with appropriate project management tools e.g. PRINCE2.
· Write project or study reports, publications and presentations for external forums.
· Author and deliver R&D reports and presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Qualified to PhD in Plant Breeding Genetics or Molecular Breeding.
· Industry-relevant experience in molecular breeding, multiple trait breeding, double haploids, Marker Assisted Selection MAS, plant physiology, biochemistry or genetics.
· Track record in marker-assisted germplasm enhancement, marker validation (SNP, SSR) and MAS implementation.
· Proven track record in report writing.
· Project management skills (currently based on PRINCE2).
35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent
Closing Date Friday 31st August 2012
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus, 5 weeks holiday (pro rata), Share save and share reward schemes, accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering.
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Fisher (T: 0207 421 5200 / +44 (0)7814 547440) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post (AF\016249). Alternatively, email email@example.com