This job is no longer available
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Manager to join a rapidly expanding food company in the Reading area.
Reporting to the Global Technical Director, you will work closely with my client's European and overseas operations to ensure that all raw materials comply with relevant legislation
Other duties include:
- overall raw material and finished product due diligence
- setting up required systems and quality manuals, helping to maintain full raw material specifications, supplier certificates and licences and managing the Quality team to deliver complete control over the raw material and finished goods supply chain
- review, revise as necessary and ensure full implementation of product recall and withdrawal policies and procedures
- be the main point of contact on raw material sourcing for the technical department
- work closely with the Operations team to develop KPI's for each raw material supplier
- responsible for reporting on budget to the Global Technical Director and planning annual spend
The ideal candidate will have a Degree or equivalent in Food Science, and have:
- knowledge of food processing and product development processes
- excellent understanding of raw materials control
- strong data handling skills and be numerate
- strong organisational skills
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.