This job is no longer available
Business Development Manager – Chemicals
Job Ref: 17490
Our client, a global provider of high quality chemical products and contract services to the life-sciences, pharmaceuticals, agrochemical and biotechnology industries, is currently looking to appoint into an exciting Business Development role. Supplying to major companies and developing business opportunities with many SME Discovery companies, their objective is to gain global reach through Direct Sales, collaborations with international partners and a network of Agents.
· Developing relationships and business opportunities with new and existing customers in the UK and Europe
· Delivering increased sales through the development of new customers and market development
· Understanding client objectives and communicating the overall technical and strategic merits of the chemistry services, integrated solutions and products
· Initiating proposals and negotiating terms for all programs and projects
· Actively participating in the development of pipeline data, planning management and general reporting of customer interactions
The successful candidate will:
· Successful & proven track record of sales (products and services) and new business development into Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Agrochemical organisations
· Ideally with business/sales qualifications, and some chemistry background
· Demonstrated success in identifying and converting own industry leads into new deals
· Broad understanding of the industry factors associated with early drug discovery and project development
· A pro-active and proven self-starter, with the ability & character to work effectively with minimal supervision
· Ready to travel intensively (> 70%)
· Goal driven, fully aware that achievement of targets is the only criterion of success in a sales / business development function
The job will be based remotely, ideally in Oxon/Bucks/Beds/Cambs/Northants, or Manchester/Cheshire/Lancashire/ with liaison to the Headquarters in South West.
Location: N West or Home Counties
Salary: Competitive basic with bonus + bens.