This job is no longer available
Job Title: Immunohaematology Application Support Specialist
Job Code: DW 18
Job Description: A new opportunity has arisen with my client, a multinational manufacturer and distributor of life science research and clinical diagnostics products for an Immunohaematology Application Support Specialist based from their offices in Scotland. The role will include support of their fully-automated, high-throughput system designed for the blood transfusion laboratory utilizing the industry accepted gold standard ID-System gel card technology. This new system offers full automation, integrated QC and validation, intuitive software, and walk-away convenience for blood banking laboratories.
Aspects of the role include:
- Providing first line Immunohaematology telephone support for customers (also remote diagnostics where possible)
- Provide technical assistance and application support in house
- Preparing instruments for installation
- Providing technical assistance and application support to existing installed base (especially Glasgow area).
- Providing IT support for installations, particularly in Scotland
- Visiting customer sites, as required, to provide application support
- Working with Account Managers to provide on-site operator training
- First line instrument support
Essential Skills: BSc ideally in Biomedical Science.
Good scientific knowledge of clinical diagnostics, specifically Immunohaematology and associated instruments and Informatics.
Minimum 5 years laboratory experience and 5 years commercial sales/application or service experience
Previous Customer support experience (desirable)
Candidates will need a good level of IT skills and skills for some engineering applications
Salary: £40,000 + bonus
Location: Within travelling distance of Dalkeith, Scotland
Keywords – Blood transfusion, applications support, immunohaematology
If you have not heard from us within 28 days please assume you have been unsuccessful with this application.