This job is no longer available
Temporary Development Scientist / Biomaterials / Hampshire / £19 - £22k per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business focussing on the development of new biomaterials for use in the healthcare and other industries. The position is being offered initially as a 3-4 month temporary contract with the potential to be extended or made permanent.
The company has laboratory and office facilities in a beautiful rural setting in Hampshire. As Development Scientist you will provide a reliable, efficient and comprehensive resource for technical projects and will perform development work such as coating processes, physical test methods and small scale production of samples for a number of customer devices.
Key responsibilities will include :
- participating in technical projects at all levels and meeting timelines
- perform research and development work such as coating processes and test methods for a number of customer devices.
- tackle technical issues/challenges using up-to-date knowledge and state-of-art techniques
- record experimental details as defined by quality procedures and present updates in regular project meetings
- perform physical testing on PC coated medical devices or related materials
- carry out small scale production of customer samples for evaluation studies
- communicate with the Technical Manager and team members re experimental results and project meetings
- Provide input on technical matters and technical training as required
To be considered for this exciting and challenging role our client requires a candidate with the following experience, skills and competencies :
- Educated to 1st degree level in materials / polymer science / chemistry with experience gained working in R&D function ideally within a medical device or healthcare sector
- Good knowledge of chemistry, polymer technologies and scientific research is essential
- Practical experience of biomedical coating and UV analysis will be advantageous
- Excellent/broad laboratory skills eg attention to detail and problem solving
- Good planning and communication skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
It is essential that you are a 'self starter' with a positive attitude and the ability to work both as part of a small team and with the minimum of supervision.
Salary £19 - £22k
Rural location so own transport will be an advantage