This job is no longer available
6 month fixed term contract
The Wellcome Trust is the largest charity in the UK. It funds innovative biomedical research, in the UK and internationally, with the aim of improving human and animal health. The Grants Management Department plays a key role in achieving this aim through the management of the Trust’s grant-giving operations. We currently have a vacancy for Grants Adviser in our Grants Management Department.
The role will involve:
- Handling a portfolio of research grants and awards;
- Managing the processes associated with the Trust’s grant-giving activities including checking eligibility, inputting information onto databases, selecting expert reviewers for proposals and preparing paperwork for Committees;
- Liaising with the scientific community, developing positive relationships with applicants and grant-holders;
- Working in close collaboration with colleagues in the Trust’s Funding Divisions.
- Possess a post-graduate qualification in a biomedical scientific discipline, or be a biomedical science graduate with relevant research experience;
- Have proven success in delivering timely, high standard and accurate work in an administrative capacity;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be keen to work in a business environment with close links to scientific research and development whilst appreciating the confidential nature of work in this area;
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in order to meet objectives within a defined period.
This post is being offered on a six month fixed-term contract. The salary will be on a scale from £28,000 per annum plus benefits.
For more information and to apply online visit our website by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button, attaching a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for this post and why you want to work at the Wellcome Trust.
Closing Date: 12th August 2012