This job is no longer available
To £28,000 + Benefits
Ref: AI/ 016253
As Polymer Chemist you will manage development projects for new and existing polymer products, providing technical support to R&D colleagues and customers. You will develop and evaluate new polymer products for existing and new applications, ensuring each innovation is efficiently translated into market ready products.
You will work with customers, suppliers and trade associations to bring market insights into the R&D process, ensuring our client is developing next generation products which will enhance market share.
· To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
· To ensure good communication with and appropriate involvement of other R&D functions and commercial teams.
· To liaise with plant personnel and provide technical support and assistance to resolve production and quality issues.
· To be responsible for the provision of formulations and aid in the scaling up of new products.
· To liaise with customers, suppliers, trade associations etc., to maintain knowledge and understanding of the field and to represent the company technically.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
· A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Engineering.
· Experience of working in a manufacturing (ideally chemical) industry.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently manage own workload and work to deadlines.
· Excellent team working skills.
· Quality conscious and methodical approach to work, with excellent attention to detail.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Adam Isle at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post.
Please call on +44 (0)207 421 5232.