This job is no longer available
Fantastic opportunity has become available for a Senior Scientist specialising in Stability to join Lonza’s Analytical services team. The individual will carry out stability, formulation and forced degradation studies in support of process and product development for antibodies and other recombinant proteins being manufactured by Lonza Biologics.
Great opportunity for the right candidate to gain man-management experience, by developing and mentoring junior staff.
This is a permanent role based initially in Wokingham, but will transfer to Slough in approximately 12 months.
* Characterisation of protein product degradation profiles
* Development and evaluation of protein formulations
* Preparation of reports (cGMP and non-GMP) to document stability and formulation studies for product development and regulatory submissions as appropriate
* Study directing of stability, formulation and forced degradation studies
* Final review of study protocols and reports
* Representation on project teams to discuss project data and activities
* Development and mentoring of junior scientists
* Knowledge/ experience of performing protein analysis including some or all of the following techniques: SDS PAGE, IEF, GP / RPHPLC, Spectrophotometry, Visual tests, Activity, Assays
* Effective organisational skills to ensure completion of work to challenging deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
* Professional attitude with competent verbal and written communication skills to present data both internally and externally.
* Good team worker - works with managers and other team members to ensure team and department operates efficiently.
* Proactive - Anticipates problems and shows initiative for problem-solving and generating new ideas.