This job is no longer available
Manager Protein Characterisation AF/016256 South c40-50k
An experienced manager in protein characterisation is urgently required for an expanding analytical services department of a world leading organisation. As leader in the protein characterisation area you will be responsible for the implementation of processes in operational R&D. You would have responsibility for organisation, technical assessment and prioritisation of the R&D work to support projects and production. You would have excellent people management skills to manage a team of professionals in the protein characterisation area and coordinate the various projects in the R&D organisation.
- Scheduling and prioritisation (with input from appropriate management) of studies and resources for on time delivery of studies for both internal and external customers
- Review of Study Protocols and Reports for studies and ensure that studies are delivered to the appropriate scientific and technical quality
- Ensure development of technical and scientific skills for direct reports to maintain quality of study activities delivered to internal and external customers
- Identification of new technology opportunities and assay improvements in concert with appropriate internal resources to ensure characterisation activities continue to meet regulatory and scientific requirements
- Scheduling and prioritisation to ensure delivery of operational excellence and efficiency projects.
- Identifying potential opportunities to reduce turn around and man day requirements
- Maintenance of equipment and documentation for equipment required to support studies to expected quality standards
- Presentation and representation of analytical development activities to Customers as required
- Tracking study delivery against financial expectations
- Considerable experience in the characterisation of proteins and development of associated analytical methods for regulatory submissions.
- Proven ability to deliver multiple complex analytical projects to agreed timelines and resource plans.
- Demonstrated line management responsibility, either direct or matrix, and proven ability to develop high quality scientific teams.
- Experience of working for a contract research organisation.
- Demonstrated use of lean / OE skills.
· Commercial experience with GMP or cGMP
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Fisher at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference AF /016256, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post. Please call on 020 7421 5200, or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.