This job is no longer available
* To be responsible for producing effective new product designs to specifications set by the Product Design Requirememts and within the quality management system.
* To produce all necessary detailed engineering drawings for the above to the relevant applicable standards.
* To act as the R&D lead in nominated projects and be specifically responsible for all design and development related activities in them.
* To be responsible for progression of all R&D design and development activities to achieve agreed timing, highlighting any concerns or deviations from plan to R&D management and the relevant project manager in a timely manner to support the discussion and development of recovery strategies.
* To liaise with and visit as necessary outside suppliers to ensure sub contracted
work meets the specifications laid down, and that new processes being brought in house are fully understood.
* To liaise with, and visit as necessary, customers and potential customers to further understand their requirements and absorb the ethos of their business.
* Any such other duties as may be relevant to the progress of the department.
Professional education (qualifications)/training
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design
* Experience within Medical Device or regulated industry
* Experience designing mechanisms involving plastic injection moulding
Specific job skills/abilities
* Highly computer literate eg Excel/Word and PowerPoint
* Experience in using SolidWorks CAD
* Experience of quality management systems
* Ability to confidently deal with people of all levels
* Effective team worker, equally able to work on their own
* Excellent presentation skills
* Highly self-motivated/self starter/resilient
* Strong communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
All Associates must demonstrate commitment to our Core Values:
Safety & Quality
Investment for the future
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.