This job is no longer available
Job purpose: Evaluate and implement product engineering enhancements that deliver specified improvements suitable for marketed product supplies, supporting operations, the customer and suppliers.
* Provide ongoing 'design authority' knowledge for designated marketed products. Support operations, customers and suppliers.
* Evaluate/ implement product engineering activities for operational quality/ efficiency issues, product performance issues, material changes, new tooling, new product variants, in order to deliver specified improvement enhancements that are suitable for marketed product supplies. Establish/ develop associated test methods and document test reports to verify the marketed product supplies. Generate/ revise related CAD model data and drawings.
* Produce and agree change plans with internal and external staff. Manage plans to time and budget. Ensure activities are reported to company standard.
* Development related activities shall be executed compliant to the Quality System and the
* associated documentation shall be established and stored compliant to the quality system.
* Review/ improve designated processes and procedures associated to product development activities.
* Establish an appropriate network of technical contacts with customers/ suppliers and promote the technical capabilities to these contacts.
* Provide guidance, support and mentor less experienced members of the team.
Key attributes & competencies
The role requires
* Educated to HNC or Degree level in an Engineering discipline preferably Mechanical, Production or Product Design.
* A formal Engineering apprenticeship is advantageous.
* Experience in an engineering role, ideally in the design and development of products/ assemblies which are manufactured in high volume and include injection moulded parts.
* Experience of small scale project management, working with customers, FMEA, CAD, tolerance analysis, inspection methods, quality systems, and report writing
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.