This job is no longer available
Development Chemist -Diesel c26-30k
North (Permanent) Ref: AF/016220
An experienced Development Chemist with experience working with diesel applications is urgently required to work as part of the global Research and Development team in chemicals area within the automotive catalysis team. The successful candidate will work closely with research, development and process chemists to bring new products and processes to commercialisation.
For this post, it is essential to have experience of inorganic chemistry preferably in the area of rare earth chemistry and materials applicable to the automotive catalysis industry. Knowledge of catalyst preparation including formulation technology and washcoating is also desired. The role will require a working knowledge of the automotive catalysis field (including application testing), specialising in diesel engine emission control.
The role will involve interaction with academic contacts at Universities and Institutes throughout the world to develop and characterise new products and processes and in particular identify suitable equipment for scale up and commercialisation. As part of the global research and development team, the successful candidate will work with commercial departments (in the UK, USA and Japan) and customers globally to develop new products.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Ideally hold a PhD qualification; or a BSc in chemical engineering or chemistry
· Have commercial experience in the automotive catalysis field, preferably in the diesel emission control field
· Have experience in the synthesis and characterisation of inorganic materials, preferably including TPR.
· Have a working knowledge of application testing of materials for the automotive catalysis area and interpretation of the data; experience in the handling of synthetic gas benches and catalyst preparation would be advantageous
· Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the current and proposed regulatory requirements of emission control systems in the diesel emission control area
· Work with the global scale up team to bring research programmes to commercial success
The position offers an attractive package with 25 days paid holiday plus all statutory holidays together with options to join the company pension scheme. In addition to this there is an annual bonus scheme linked to company performance. Relocation assistance will be on a case by case basis.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Fisher at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference AF/016220. Please call on 020 7421 5200/ 07814547440, or reply via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of applicant’s only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.