This job is no longer available
Senior Development Chemist – (Automotive Catalysis Team) c26.5- 30k
North (Permanent) Ref: AF/016239
A senior development chemist with experience of inorganic chemistry and catalysis, would be of great interest to work as part of the global automotive catalysis team in the Research and Development group of a leading company.
The successful candidate will work closely will work closely with research, development and process chemists to bring new products and processes to commercialisation. Skills and experience in rare earth chemistry or materials applicable to the automotive catalysis industry would be very applicable.
For this post, it is essential to have experience of inorganic chemistry and catalysis. Knowledge of catalyst preparation and testing techniques is also required. It would also be advantageous to have a working knowledge of formulation technology and the automotive emission control catalysis field (including application testing).
The role will involve interaction with academic contacts at Universities and Institutes throughout the world to develop and characterise new products and processes. As part of the global Research and Development team, the successful candidate will also work with the company’s commercial departments (in the UK, USA and Japan) and customers globally to develop new products.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Ideally hold a PhD qualification
· Post academic experience in the automotive catalysis field
· Have experience in the synthesis and characterisation of inorganic materials
· Have a working knowledge of application testing of materials for the automotive catalysis area and interpretation of the data; experience in the handling of synthetic gas benches and catalyst preparation would be advantageous
· Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the current and proposed regulatory requirements of emission control systems in the automotive emission control area
· Work with the global scale up team to bring research programmes to commercial success
The position offers an attractive package with 25 days paid holiday plus all statutory holidays together with options to join the company pension scheme. In addition to this there is an annual bonus scheme linked to company performance. Relocation assistance will be on a case by case basis.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Fisher at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference AF/016238. Please call on 020 7421 5200/ 07814547440, or reply via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of applicant’s only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.