This job is no longer available
Benefits Realisation Manager
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
National Physical Laboratory, Teddington, Middlesex
Ref No. PG-2012-BRM
The National Physical Laboratory (NPL) is one of the UK's leading science facilities and research centres. It is a world-leading centre of excellence in developing and applying the most accurate standards, science and technology available.
NPL occupies a unique position as the UK's National Measurement Institute and sits at the intersection between scientific discovery and real world application. Its expertise and original research have underpinned quality of life, innovation and competitiveness for UK citizens and business for more than a century.
NPL achieves this through a portfolio of eight research programmes that underpin the UK National Measurement System (NMS) with a value of £45M p.a. These programmes are formulated by NPL to address priority national measurement challenges and it is important that the research realises its intended benefits during and at the end of projects.
We are looking for an individual to join the NPL Programmes office to develop, lead and deliver a strategy to ensure the benefits of technical programmes are formulated, quantified, delivered and fully communicated.
Description of role
· Using knowledge of current best practice, develop and implement a strategy to deliver clear benefit realisation from programmes across NPL
· Ensure NPL takes advantage of all opportunities to achieve impact from the NMS Portfolio of programmes.
· Enhance the impact of future NMS programmes.
· Work across NPL to ensure the outputs of research work deliver their intended impact
· Support Programme Managers by overseeing the achievement of impact
· Lead on impact assessment and drive change to enhance impact
· Provide best practice leadership to processes to realise programme benefits.
· Provide contract management for contracts worth up to £8 million p.a.
· Excellent communication skills
· Clear strategic focus
· Best practice knowledge of programme benefits realisation
· Technical/scientific awareness
· Project management skills
· Ability to communicate effectively on technical matters
· Experience of the OGC Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) approach desirable
As part of the Serco Group plc, we offer competitive salaries, a wealth of career opportunities and a wide range of benefits. NPL is based in a unique research environment which is located in pleasant surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park in south-west London. We have a host of onsite facilities including a subsidised crèche, restaurant, and a sports and social club.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting their people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities.
To apply online for this role please select the APPLY NOW button below
Closing date: 20 August 2012
For further information, please contact (no agencies please):
Tel: +44 20 8943 8636