This job is no longer available
The spectrum of projects currently includes traditional publication activities, a variety of internal training projects for client teams, electronic/digital media and external education/communication pieces.
Currently have a team of 14 people within the UK based office with one remote worker and several associated team members based in their US office. Although very much focused on client needs, timelines of delivery and quality of their output, the agency also endeavour to engender a culture of teamwork, personal job satisfaction, variety, and development and progression for everybody within the office. The main therapy areas for the agency at present are within oncology – however, they also currently work in a variety of other areas and constantly look towards further diversification.
· Take ownership of these key projects and work both independently and with other more junior writers (advising, reviewing work etc.)
· Develop and implement strategic communication and publication plans in close collaboration with client and internal account teams
· Use strategic insight and prior healthcare communications experience to provide practical input into specific marketing/comm challenges being faced by clients and internal teams
· Provide medical advice/expertise across many therapeutic areas and quickly develop expertise in new areas
· Establish/develop and maintain relationships with thought leaders and client staff
· Make presentations to clients/thought leaders/third part organisations as required
· Mentor medical writers working on client programme and assist in training of Associate Medical Writers
· Develop Editors/Editorial Assistants and other support functions
· Use scientific expertise and skills to proactively develop new business for existing and new clients
· Reports to Vice President, Medical & Scientific Services
Strong scientific background; 3-5 years Medical Communications agency experience; some experience in oncology would be beneficial; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; flexible on a day-to-day basis; good time management and prioritization of tasks in hand; ability and willingness to handle ad hoc projects; maturity of approach and ability to act as a role model; good IT skills and experience with full range of media; presentation, interview and appraisal skills
To discuss this role in more detail in confidence please call Laith Al-Hashimi on 0203 178 7488 or out of office hours on 07854 045304 E-mail - email@example.com
Contact via LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/meetlaithalhashimi
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/meet_laith
Find out more about Meet at www.peoplewithchemistry.com
Meet are good people who are great at recruitment. We're proud to partner with the industry's leading Pharmaceutical and Healthcare companies, helping them find and secure the best global talent available.