This job is no longer available
Job title: Senior Research Associate
Senior Research Associate - Next-Generation Sequencing Product Development
Illumina is a company which has grown rapidly to become recognised as the leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next-generation life-science tools & integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. A high growth and entrepreneurial business, Illumina has been named multiple times in the Forbes 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies.
We are expanding rapidly, and hiring in all departments.
As a Research Associate at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help to create genomic analysis tools used in the leading edge of research. You will participate in the development of high-throughput assays and processes, design and perform molecular biology/sequencing experiments and optimize assay conditions and analyze data.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Contributing to the development of Illumina sequencing systems, with duties ranging from the preparation of samples and the operation of sequencers, through to the analysis and presentation of experimental data.
• Expert operation of all Illumina sequencing systems and interpretation of sequencing data – training will be provided.
• Design, execution and analysis of experiments that demonstrate the feasibility of new sequencing and sequencing-related methods.
• Regular presentation of results to interdisciplinary technical teams.
• Optimisation of reagents & assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability and performance.
• Preparation of libraries for next generation sequencing platforms.
• Enhancing the performance of sequencing systems by supporting the development of improved sequencing chemistries and library preparation methodologies.
• Characterization of improved reagents in a variety of assays.
• Building strong working relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Other duties determined by the management team.
Education and Experience:
• Educated to degree or MSc level in biochemistry or molecular biology.
• Essential requirements are attention to detail, high accuracy, excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience with next-generation sequencing methods is desirable.
• Experience with genetic assay development is desirable.
• Solid communication and writing skills required.
• Previous experience with product development helpful.
• Must be highly motivated, with a strong desire to be a part of a fast paced and dynamic environment.