This job is no longer available
European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) provides the Member States and the EU institutions with the best possible scientific and technical advice on issues relating to the chemicals under REACH Regulation and biocidal products under the Biocidal Product Regulation. ECHA is responsible for managing, and in some cases carrying out, the technical, scientific and administrative aspects of the regulations, and ensuring consistency at Community level in its application.
Scientific Officer (M/F)
Scientific Officers are scientific experts who will work in multidisciplinary teams managing different scientific/technical processes foreseen by the Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), the Regulation on the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Substances and Mixtures (CLP) as well as the Regulation on Biocidal Products. Upon recruitment, staff generally start working in one area of work, but will be expected during their career in the Agency to develop skills to enable them to work in multiple areas.
Please see the attached downloadable job description for further information.
- Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree in a field relevant to the areas of work listed in section 1, where the normal duration of university education is at least three (3) years;
- University degrees relevant to the areas of work listed in section 1 include primarily but not only:
- Chemistry, biology, bio-chemistry or chemical biology;
- Eco-toxicology, toxicology, environmental sciences, occupational health;
- Chemical, biological or environmental engineering;
- Economics, environmental economics or public health economics.
Other university degrees will be considered only if they are relevant to the areas of work listed in section 1.
Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities or EEA authorities and qualifications recognized as equivalent by the relevant EU or EEA Member State authorities will be accepted.
To qualify for this profile, you must have at the closing date for submission of applications relevant professional experience of at least one (1) year in posts related to the tasks listed in the section 1.
If you meet the eligibility criteria set out in section 2, you will be assessed on the basis of the following selection criteria. The candidates who are judged to be the most suitable on the basis of the selection criteria will be invited to an interview.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply Now' button for further informatoin, the application form and ECHA CV.
Important: Failure to submit an ECHA CV will lead to exclusion from the selection procedure.
The deadline to fill in the application form and submit the ECHA CV is 10 September 2012 at noon 12:00, Helsinki time (11:00 a.m.CET).