This job is no longer available
Behavioural Associate Principal Scientist
You are highly motivated and always committed to deliver work of the highest quality. You encourage collaboration and enjoy working in a team. You are a passionate individual who likes creative and international work environments.
The successful candidate will join the Clinical and Behavioral Assessment group at Philip Morris Products S.A. in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. The primary objective of this team is to assess a range of Next Generation Products (NGPs) under development with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases.
You will manage high impact programs and projects related to Perception and Behavior Assessment of these innovative new products and you will also serve as a technical leader and a key resource to Philip Morris International's (PMI) Research and Development management team
In this role, you will provide technical leadership in Perception and Behavior research and assessment. In addition you will provide guidance with respect to related scientific and operational methods, and also expertise with respect to the regulatory requirements that apply to different industries in this field, for example pharmaceuticals, consumer goods. Responsibilities also include close cooperation and alignment with a number of R&D teams including Product Development, Product Testing, and Clinical Assessment.
You will also interact with other PMI functions such as Market Research, Brand Building, Operations, Law and Corporate Affairs to support the development of the assessment framework, strategy and plan.
Specifically, you will
- Manage the planning, review and reporting of complex individual Perception and Behavior Assessment projects for PMI NGPs from concept to start-up. This requires independent thought and judgment in the field of Perception and Behavioral science
- Review the latest technological and scientific developments related to Perception and Behavioral science and identify those that should be researched further and implemented for assessment (e.g., measurements/scales, self-reported outcomes instruments, survey/questionnaire and psychometric testing methodology, comprehension testing as well as other behavioral studies such as the one used for Over-The-Counter (OTC) products)
- Be accountable for project scope, schedules and estimates and related scientific documentation (such as study protocol, investigator's brochure, study reports, publications, presentations and, post-hoc analyses) for behavioral studies
- Serve as the primary scientific resource for the preparation, design, execution and reporting of behavioral studies with a view of submitting marketing applications for review and approval by international regulatory agencies
- Be accountable for the evaluation and scientific assessment related to behavioral projects as well as preparation of summary reports, literature reviews, white papers, and analyses across studies
- Extend our Clinical Expert Network with regard to Behavioral science and develop and maintain research collaborations with external scientists. Develop a publication and communication plan in collaboration with PMI Market Research
- Provide scientific and technical guidance in behavioral projects, such as critical review and quality checks on behavioral study documents (for example Informed Consent Forms, Case Report Forms, Self-Reported Outcomes, diaries) that are required to ensure compliance with International Good Clinical Practice standards such as ICH GCP
- Actively contribute to other behavioral assessment team duties, such as maintenance and improvement of processes, Good Clinical Practice training, management interactions, and team presentations
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Cognitive Sciences, Consumer Behavior, Neurosciences, Psychology, Social Psychology or another Life Science
- At least 5 years practical experience in behavioral studies, preferably in a regulated consumer products industry y such as Pharmaceuticals, Food or Cosmetics
- Good knowledge of ICH GCP and experience in scientific analysis
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
What we offier
You will be part of the PMI Research & Development Department, whose primary mission is to research, develop and assess an innovative range of products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases.
You will benefit from working with a dynamic team of professionals in a multicultural environment.
We offer an excellent salary and a benefits package, which may include a relocation allowance (where appropriate).
Who we are
Philip Morris International Inc. is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world's top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI's products are sold in approximately 180 countries. In 2011, the company held an estimated 16.0% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.1% excluding the People's Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Developing tobacco products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases is one of our top priorities. To address this multifaceted challenge our research, product development and assessment efforts are directed towards:
- understanding the underlying mechanisms of the diseases caused by smoking and the complex role of tobacco smoke constituents in the development of these diseases
- the development, and assessment of new products with the potential to reduce the harm caused by smoking
These complex tasks require an expert team to help us develop innovative approaches for non-clinical, clinical and behavioral assessment of PMI's new products.
Want to discover your potential? Come join our team!
If you match our profile and you are interested in joining our dynamic team of professionals, please click on the 'Apply Now' button to submit your application online.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position