This job is no longer available
Reed Scientific is currently recruiting for an experienced researcher in Carbon Nanotubes.
The candidate will carry out science and engineering assignments as a key member of a research team involved in the planning, organising, and developing new materials development projects. The role requires the candidate to have the
ability to use and apply extensive knowledge of nano materials growth and catalysis
techniques, and a demonstrable understanding of thin film metrology and nanostructure analytical techniques. This role requires a high level of initiative, numeracy, good communication and reporting skills.
The candidate will have experience with Carbon nanotube CVD growth techniques and PVD/solution processed growth catalysts is also a key requirement.
Minimum Technical Background:
PhD or M.Sc qualified research scientist/development engineer.
Experience will have been gained in a commercial or post doctoral research position, and a strong background relating to CNT/Graphene process development and materials characterization is a key requirement.
All candidate must be able to demonstrate the following;
* Experience in CNT technology; growth, morphology and structure, previous
experience on horizontal and vertical aligned SWCNT is essential.
* PVD deposition and chemical formulation of catalysts used in CNT growth
* Solution and vapour phase catalysts preparation and deposition
* Thin film material structure analysis
* Optical characterization techniques such as Raman, absorption and reflection
* Practical hands on approach to research and lab equipment
* Solid understanding of growth mechanisms and reaction drivers
* Knowledge of general vacuum technology i.e. pumps, power supplies etc
* Clean room working environments
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.