This job is no longer available
Global Data Product Development Analyst - Sutton
Job Reference: 01792
Job Type: Permanent
Reed Business Information provides data services, information and marketing solutions to business professionals worldwide. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
Department & Location
ICIS (www.icis.com) is a world-leading chemical pricing and information service, offering unrivalled coverage of global chemical and energy markets. ICIS has been established for 30 years, and commands the respect within the industry which you would expect from a long-term player. We are experiencing quick growth as a brand.
ICIS has an exciting position available for a Global Data Product Development Analyst to join the ICIS Data & Analytics team based in Sutton.
The Data & Analytics team is responsible for the development, launch and regular production of a variety of business critical reports, covering profitability models and production statistics. You will be involved in all aspects of the work, including data modelling (in Excel), developing and testing prototype reports in liaison with petrochemical industry personnel (both face-to-face and by telephone), and weekly report production. You will work closely with ICIS market editors based in Sutton (London), Houston (Texas), Singapore and Shanghai(China) and with industry consultants based in Milan (Italy). This position offers good career development opportunities in information provision and/or consultancy.
- Designing, building and running business profitability models across a range of geographies and commodity petrochemical products
- Testing and calibrating outputs with third party data providers and customers
- Interpreting business models and driving insightful contributions to all ICIS market channels
- Weekly report preparation, including regular liaison with our editorial production department to ensure smooth publishing processes
- Documenting and maintaining methodologies and driving product quality
Key Skills Required:
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn in an information business environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel and willingness to learn new applications
- Excellent numeracy, analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rationalise, solve and communicate answers to complex problems
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work on multiple assignments
- Ability and desire to see and appreciate the “big picture” in the chemicals business
- Engineering or science degree, ideally chemical engineering or chemistry
- Proven numeracy, analytical and communication skills. Would be useful if any previously published reports are available
- Information provision or chemical industry experience an advantage
- Group pension plan
- 29 days holiday a year
- Paid charity days – 2 days per year
- Discounted local gym membership
- Save as you earn share scheme (SAYE)
Please apply with your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role - click on the 'Apply Now' button to submit your application.