This job is no longer available
GlaxoSmithKline currently has an opportunity for an Analytical Team Leader to join our Biopharmaceutical R&D Unit in Stevenage.
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We make innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products that are used by millions of people around the world, allowing them to do more, feel better and live longer. The products we develop and manufacture and how we do this contributes directly to the health of patients and consumers, and indirectly to the wider well-being of the economy and society.
Within the GSK Biopharmaceutical R&D Unit we are committed to the research, development and commercialisation of a highly novel pipeline of biopharmaceutical-based therapies to treat unmet medical needs. To help deliver this pipeline we have made significant investment in new laboratory facilities to house Biopharmaceutical Process Research (BPR).
Due to a recent expansion in remit, an Analytical Team Leader role has been created within BPR. This key role will report directly into the Head of Analytical & Product Characterisation and take accountability for analytical support to both upstream and downstream and de-risking packages including stability studies (solubility/aggregation/stress studies etc), The role will involve leading a small team of Analytical scientists dedicated to ensuring GSK designs, understands and develops readily industrialized best-in-class medicines through to the clinic and beyond.
Key responsibilities include:
- To report directly to the Head of Analytical and Product Characterisation
- To lead and inspire a Team of dedicated analytical scientists (4-5)
- Develop best working practises and to ensure highest quality analytical output.
- Operate as an analytical expert dedicated to the further understanding of GSK designed Biopharmaceuticals.
- Contribute/support (as appropriate) IP patent filings.
- Build synergistic relationships with our partners in Discovery and thereby ensure best-in-class Biopharmaceuticals are designed, lead-declared and candidate selected rapidly and without duplication of activities.
- Stay current on technology improvements and implement according to business strategy.
- Scrutiny, Interpretation and approval of the collected and processed data.
- Writing analytical/technical reports and study proposals.
- Training and supervising staff and ensuring data integrity
- Recommend CapEX request for purchase of new analytical equipment
At GSK we provide a supportive and flexible working environment, with a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
Please use the “cover letter” of your on-line application to highlight how you meet the requirements for the role. Please include at least one example where you have led and inspired a team and highlight how this made the difference in the progression of a biopharmaceutical.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Closing date 15th September 2012