This job is no longer available
Ingredient Safety Scientist – Mars Chocolate UK
34k-40k dependent on experience
Be the Subject Matter Expert for this global food and feed business with Mars as an Ingredient Safety Scientist
- Provide advice on chemical components
- Support in-depth ingredient investigation
- Take the lead in toxicological Risk Assessment
At Mars, our commitment to manufacturing and selling products that meet the highest standards of quality and food safety is second-to-none. We go a long way to ensure that all the ingredients we use comply with our own strict quality and safety requirements. The successful Ingredient Safety Scientist will play a pivotal role in advising our global business, on the chemical safety of raw materials, and products.
Other elements include:
- Advising on the regulatory implications of the use of ingredients
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert for Advanced level science training
- Designing and delivering training programmes to key R&D stakeholders worldwide
- Driving both external and internal research projects to enhance the scientific credibility of ingredient safety.
With at least a BSc in Toxicology, Food Chemistry, or Food Safety, the Ingredient Safety Scientist must have a proven track record within a research environment, with a publication record that will add weight to your credibility – and your application. An acknowledged authority in your field, you’ll also have that essential blend of excellent communication, organisational and problem solving skills, ideally supported by experience in the food industry. You’ll also have the presence and credibility to Represent Mars at external meetings on food safety topics, at home and overseas.
We’re totally committed to developing our people and giving them the ownership and freedom to show what they can really do. If we’ve just described you and where you want to be, then what are you waiting for? Click on the 'Apply Now' button to apply for this exciting Ingredient Safety Scientist role.