This job is no longer available
We are currently recruiting for an Analytical Technician, to join the Technical Support/ Manufacturing Science Group, to support the testing of new and existing veterinary products. The role will be predominantly lab based, with some office based work required to maintain results databases and communicate results to the customer teams.
- Testing routine and ad hoc process and development samples using techniques as HPLC, GC, UV and wet chemistry methods
- Development and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets to record sample results and performance trends
- Communication of sample results, within agreed timeframes and using agreed formats, to the customer groups
- Maintaining the laboratory environment in excellent order, in compliance with Health & Safety and housekeeping procedures
- Maintaining laboratory work books in a legible & logical order, in compliance with good laboratory practices (GLP)
- Working with Process Flow Team (PFT) representatives to test methods, sampling plans and results communication, for ad hoc testing and project support activities
- Ordering of lab consumables, raw materials and other essential items supporting lab operation
- Working with Engineering personnel to identify and diagnose lab equipment operational,calibration and reliability issues and to support the routine preventative maintenance programmes
- Issuing of Task Safety Assessments (TSA's) and Permit to Work (PtW) for low risk tasks in the laboratory environment
- Developing a basic understanding current commercial manufacturing processes to aid identification of appropriate test methodologies
Candidates will ideally have a Degree Chemistry or a relevant discipline.
Be proficient in analytical techniques and have the ability to work collaboratively within a small, self managed team of scientists.
A background in analytical chemistry (HPLC), is essential and a working knowledge of the EMPOWER system would be a distinct advantage.
Some experience in an analytical role supporting the manufacture of pharmaceutical and/or veterinary products in a GLP environment.