This job is no longer available
- Provide vision, direction and leadership to this new Flagship
- Make a difference in biosecurity
- Manage key relationships with partners, government and industry.
The Director will be responsible for the strategic leadership and management of the Flagship and will establish critical partnerships across the biosecurity research community across Australia.
Specifically you will:
- Establish and deliver the Flagship strategy.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to develop a national biosecurity research partnership.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of projects that provide new tools and knowledge to better inform and support government decisions and provide industry with improved control strategies.
- Provide high level representation nationally and internationally of the Flagships goals and achievements.
- Champion the Flagship with CSIRO and across Government and industry including financial support for the Flagship's research activities.
- Be responsible for the performance of the Flagship across a range of indicators
Salary: An attractive executive salary package negotiable
Reference Number: N12/02926
To be successful you will:
- Be a visionary leader and strategic thinker with international networks and experience in bringing together national and global players in biosecurity across government, industry and science.
- Have an international track record in outcome-focussed, multidisciplinary research focussed on biosecurity risks and their mitigation.
- Have ability to work effectively at senior leadership level, build collaborative relationships, trust and confidence with key stakeholders.
- Have ability to manage multi-million dollar budgets, meet revenue targets and translate strategic priorities into operational reality.
- Provide evidence of political and commercial astuteness in understanding science delivery in a large and complex organisation.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, CSIRO is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health, and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities across the nation. Find out more! www.csiro.au
About CSIRO Biosecurity National Research Flagship:
The Biosecurity Flagship is a new initiative within CSIRO that commenced operations 1 July 2012. It responds to the need to better align national biosecurity research activities to support Australia's contribution to a secure global food supply and the protection of our unique environment, way of life and people.