This job is no longer available
IMAGE ANALYSIS AND COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY OFFICER
SYDNEY MICROSCOPY AND MICROANALYSIS (SMM)
REFERENCE NO. 1139/0712
- Image analysis experience essential
- Previous experience in an educational environment will be highly regarded
- Full-time continuing, remuneration package: $92K - $100K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7500 permanent staff supporting over 49,000 students.
The mission of the SMM is to provide a core set of state-of-the-art microscopy and microanalysis services to researchers. In doing so, the SMM services clients both internal and external to the University. Internal researchers from across the University have access to facilities and expertise in accordance with the SMM’s role in providing a University shared research facility. External clients are engaged through specific agreements and programs.
We are currently recruiting an Image Analysis and Computed Tomography Officer to coordinate user support for, microscopy/tomography experiments and image analysis. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, you will:
- coordinate the image analysis and computed tomography facilities (including Micro CT) on an ongoing basis
- coordinate and deliver training programs for user groups in computed tomography and image analysis
- instruct, train and assist users in their research projects
- develop computed tomography and image analysis solutions for users, including developing and modifying procedures and operational techniques to achieve continuous improvement in multi-dimensional microscopy.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate:
- experience in coordinating the day-to-day operation of microscopy instrumentation
- knowledge, skills and experience in management of data
- in-depth, specialist knowledge and skills in the 3D data segmentation, image rendering and image analysis by means of advanced image analysis software
- high-level communication skills, especially in scientific communication and capacity to understand, appreciate and serve the technical requirements of users.
- an undergraduate degree (or higher) in Science or Engineering
- ability to learn various microscopy techniques, especially X-Ray microscopy.
This is a unique opportunity to further develop your professional career and join one of Australia’s leading universities.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply visit: How to apply for an advertised position.
Remuneration package: $92,486 - $100,758 p.a. (which includes a base salary of $78,152 - $85,142 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/positions and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 7 September 2012
The University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney