This job is no longer available
Immunologist (Cellular / Virology) - West Sussex
£22,000 - 32,000 (dependent on experience) - 12 month contract
Do you have substantial experience of extracting PBMCs or Immune Cells from blood samples?
Would you like to work for a leading international R&D Company?
My client is a prestigious Pharmaceutical company in the South East of England, attracting research scientists and workers of the highest international caliber. They have made key advances in the treatment of a range of diseases. This is a 12 month position working in the Biology team providing support to a number of research projects within the respiratory research area.
Playing a key laboratory based role you will be responsible for the isolation and extraction of primary cells for culture. This will involve working with blood and tissue samples. You will work on in vitro models of respiratory disease and will involve the infection of primary epithelial cell cultures with common respiratory viruses and characterisation of the innate immune response.
Specific Techniques used will include; primary/immune cell culture, virus propagation, FACS as well as general techniques such as ELISA, Nucleic acid extraction and qRT-PCR.
To be considered you must have the following skills and experience;
- BSc or MSc in Biological Science, such as Immunology or Cell Biology
- Substantial experience of working in an R&D laboratory, within a drug discovery, biotechnology or Pharmaceutical environment
- Proven ability to extract and culture Immune cells or PBMCs from blood or tissue samples, with the ability to do this independently
- Experience with viral assays or viral propagation would be an advantage
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
Please apply online for more information
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carlisle Staffing plc, trading as SRG is an Employment Business/Agency.
SRG, winners of the Recruitment Professional Awards 2011 'Best Company to work for' and 'Best People Development Business' awards, and the only "highly commended" company in the Annual Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011, for 'Best Small Recruitment Agency to Work For'.