This job is no longer available
If you are an Animal Technician with proven experience working within an Animal Research Facility, seeking a temporary role, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Due to maternity leave, my client is seeking to recruit an Animal Technician to join their busy team working within a state of the art animal facility, which carries out genetics research.
The successful candidate will work as part of a dedicated team providing high standards of animal care, and providing skilled assistance to facility users. You will be responsible for the husbandry and welfare of mice in breeding colonies and experimental groups using IVC technology and where appropriate, you will also undertake routine regulated procedures.
Applicants should possess:
- Institute of Animal Technology Level 2 or equivalent experience
- Previous proven experience within an animal facility and some knowledge of breeding colony maintenance
- Awareness of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain clear and detailed records with a particular emphasis on accuracy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
Possession of your Home Office modules 1-3 would be an advantage but not essential.
This position is to cover maternity leave and will continue until the person returns to work (6 months up to a maximum of 12 months). This is a great opportunity to work for a respected employer and gain experience working with rodent breeding colonies.