This job is no longer available
Laboratory Technician – Development
Reports to: Assay Systems Manager
To join the Research & Development department performing tasks to assist with the development of a range of nucleic acid based diagnostic tests on to Atlas’ point-of-care diagnostic platform.
- Performance & maintenance of laboratory Quality Management procedures
- Quality control testing of raw materials and manufactured reagents
- Performance of experimental procedures as directed by Scientists/Project Leaders
- Laboratory report writing & presentation of results. Research and development, testing and validation of performance of assay reagents and assay protocols.
- BSc in relevant biological science
- Previous experience as a laboratory technician is essential (+BSc is advantageous)
- Commercial laboratory experience
- Working within a Quality Management System
Skills & knowledge - essential
- Laboratory based, scientific background
- Preparation of reagents & materials to recipe
- Working to & writing SOPs
- Microbiology to class II containment level
- Equipment calibration & performance verification
- PCR/molecular biology techniques
- Development of QC procedures, methods & processes
General skills - essential
- Working to timescales/deadlines
Teamwork - essential
- Ability to follow detailed procedures accurately
- Good self/time management
- Technical report/procedure writing would be advantageous
Atlas Genetics Ltd is a rapidly growing in vitro diagnostics company that is seeking to expand its commercial development activities by recruiting highly experienced and talented individuals who, through initiative and self-motivation, can drive the company to meet its ambitious targets.
Based in modern custom built laboratories in Trowbridge, near Bath, Atlas Genetics is developing the next generation Point-of-Care diagnostic platform incorporating both nucleic acid and immunoassay technologies. This system, initially targeting infectious diseases, will revolutionise patient diagnosis, providing ultra-rapid, laboratory-quality tests to clinics and doctor’s offices, allowing a single appointment, ‘test & treat’ approach for many diseases.
Atlas Genetics is a young, dynamic company, working in one of the most cutting-edge areas in medical diagnostics. Employees should have a flexible and energetic working style, where proactive input from all is encouraged and employee-led initiatives are welcomed.
Please note it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.
Please click on the 'Apply Now' button for further information and to submit your application by email.
Atlas Genetics Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.