Research Engineer in Microbiology - Ile De France, France
Research Engineer in Microbiology
Job Function: Research
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: FR - Ile De France
L’Oréal Research & Innovation wants YOU!
Since its creation by a researcher, one century ago, L’Oréal group has consistently believed in research, pushed back scientific boundaries and knowledge, increased innovations and patents, with a taste for exploration and quality obsession.
Research at L’Oréal is a scientific adventure and there’s no innovative product without progress in knowledge.
That’s the reason why we are looking for a Research Engineer in Microbiology today, someone with a spirit of innovation and excited about challenge.
If you think you are this person, join us!
What will be your activities and responsibilities?
Working closely with an international team of biologists, microbiologists, chemists and statisticians to develop protocols and perform microbiological experiments in the field of skin microbiome and antimicrobial compounds:
- Ensure a scientific watch in his/her field of expertise
- Identify, new methodologies, study protocols and provide expertise to meet the demands and anticipate future needs.
- Advise, guide and be proactive in order to characterize and improve quality, safety and product performance
- Manage and/or contribute to internal and external collaborations
- Follow up sub contractors activities
- Prepare data for effective presentations to internal and external audience
- Write bibliographic reviews, scientific reports, papers and posters…
Who are you?
- PhD in Microbiology, with a first experience in microbiome (gut, skin, environment…) studies
- Proven experience in molecular biology techniques (PCR, QPCR, FISH, NGS, gene cloning, mutants….)
- Good knowledge in NGS technologies and hands-on experience in Sequencing platforms
- Knowledge in cellular biology (human cells culture) and biochemistry (Maldi tof, Protein extraction, purification…)
- Sensitivity to Quality assurance and environmental, health and safety (EHS) approach (BSL2 Lab environment)
- Fluent in English and French
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to adapt to new environments
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.