Metabolic Network Modeling Research Scientist (211875)
7 days left
- Full Time
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is seeking a Metabolic Network Modeling Research Scientist to provide support to the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command's Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI) [www.BHSAI.org]. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to the BHSAI. Working in an interdisciplinary environment with focus on the development and application of computational solutions to biomedical problems, including toxicology, drug resistance, and infectious disease.
Use computational modeling to integrate transcriptomic and metabolomics data with metabolic networks to understand malaria host/pathogen responses to different physiological stressors, including drug treatment.
- Perform both basic and applied research in close collaboration with experimental laboratories.
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects, involving a diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists across multiple laboratories.
- Collaborates with other scientists and computational staff on research projects and development of new approaches to existing research problems.
- Prepares research proposals, progress reports, and manuscripts for submission to scientific journals.
- Presents research methods and findings at appropriate scientific conferences.
- Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Experience in high-performance computing, biostatistics or population genomics, mathematical modeling and biological network analysis is a plus. Expertise in at least one of C, C++, Java, Python or Pen is a must. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PROVEN COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY EXPERIENCE. The candidate is expected to simultaneously work on multiple projects, involving a diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists across multiple laboratories
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Ph.D. in a related discipline, post-graduate experience, and a strong publication record.
Minimum Experience: 4 – 6 years
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.