PhD Program in Biological Sciences
Join the Graduate School of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research for an innovative Ph.D. program for people who already know they love research.
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research is a private not-for-profit research institution that was created with the goal of having a significant impact on health through basic research. Our 23 research laboratories cover topics ranging from developmental biology to gene regulation/ cancer biology to regeneration to neuroscience and more. Our mission is to prepare a superb cadre of predoctoral researchers from around the world for the pursuit of innovative and creative investigations in the biological sciences.
Why Graduate School at the Stowers Institute?
Our commitment to scientists and their science is actively supported in ways not found in most other institutes. This translates to our graduate program.
- Completion of the program will confer a Ph.D. in Biology.
- Financial support includes a generous stipend of $36,000/ year.
- Other benefits include comprehensive medical and dental coverage.
- Each student receives a laptop computer for their coursework.
- Live in the affordable and lively city of Kansas City, Missouri.
- All coursework is completed within the first six months of starting. Seven 2-week modules combine basic biological concepts with practical laboratory training.
- All modules are taught by our world-class scientists. This gives predoctoral researchers a high-level of training and a unique opportunity to get to know our faculty intimately.
- The modules also give predoctoral researchers direct access to the most modern technologies and research core facilities.
- Extensive mentoring through the duration of the Ph.D. program.
- The graduate program strives for completing a research-based Ph.D. degree in Biology in an average time of five years from matriculation.
How to apply: Our online application will be available starting September 1st on our website.
- Applying for The Graduate School is free of charge.
- In keeping with our philosophy that successful research (at the undergraduate level or beyond) is the primary criteria for admittance, the application will ask questions heavily geared toward your past research experience.
- Although we ask about publications, there is no requirement to have previously published.
- Standardized tests such as the GRE and TOEFL are NOT required.
For More Information and 2016 Application Deadlines Visit our website.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click APPLY to be redirected to the Graduate School of the Stowers Institute