Applications Technologist - Lenexa, Kansas
Location: Lenexa (Kansas)
Salary: Competitive compensation and benefits packages
Join our innovative team as the Applications Technologist, Microbiology. Utilize your microbiology research expertise to contribute to the application development projects in Corbion’s meat and poultry business. Provide technical assistance to customers, liaison with universities, and collaborate with internal staff.
- Perform microbiological application research & development activities (lab & desk/literature) both for new and existing applications in the area of meat.
- Manage the Microbiology lab; complete day to day activities necessary to maintain and prepare media, maintain cell cultures, and place orders to restock inventory.
- Lead projects to support sales of ingredients and support value propositions by developing microbiological research data in the lab.
- Work with existing customers to provide technical support in the use of our ingredients including various predictive microbiology tools.
- Work on innovation projects with central RDA team and provide practical microbiological application research support in the lab as well as deliver scientific contribution.
- Provide new or improved skills and know-how in relevant technologies within antimicrobial and functional ingredients for meat.
- Direct work with external labs and contractors for the purposes of antimicrobial product research focused on microbiological testing as requested by customers or for internal needs.
- Assist the other scientists in the lab with their experiments as needed.
- Masters of Science (Microbiology, Food Microbiology or related major) preferred. Bachelors of Science required.
- Proven relevant lab experience.
- Proven research and development experience in meat and/or food processing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, proactive and able to manage your own time effectively.
Corbion believes that our employees make the company. We reward our employees via competitive compensation and benefits packages, including medical, dental, 401(k) and disability insurance, opportunities to advance your career and collaborate with industry leading professionals, and continued education.
Interested? Please apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives and lactides, and a leading company in functional blends containing enzymes, emulsifiers, minerals and vitamins. The company delivers high performance bio based products made from renewable resources and applied in global markets such as bakery, meat, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, home and personal care, packaging, automotive, coatings and resins.
Its products have a differentiating functionality in all kinds of consumer products worldwide. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand, and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
Agency calls not appreciated.