Postdoctoral Positions (m/w) - Ulm, Germany
1 day left
- Full Time
Postdoctoral Positions (m/w)
With more than 25 departments and 13 institutes (1,150 beds), the University Medical Center Ulm is a leading health care provider in southwest germany. We provide inpatient treatment to about 44,000 patients each year. Our outpatient cases amount to approximately 60,000. We attach great importance to qualified employees who ensure extremely high quality in the treatment of our patients by the use of the latest scientific knowledge and who enjoy their work.
The University Hospital Ulm is seeking highly motivated candidates for three Postdoctoral Positions (m/w) at the Institute of Immunology (Head: Prof. Dr. Hassan Jumaa). The institute pursues research of molecular and cellular mechanisms that regulate development and function of the immune system.
Successful applicants are expected to pursue innovative research on aspects of BCR signaling in chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- PhD in life sciences and strong background in immunology
- Experience in analysis of Ig genes and profound background in signal transduction in immune cells or in clinical aspects of chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- In-depth experience with flow cytometry and FACS analyses or in mass cytometry (CytOF) would be desirable
- Candidates with competence in ES cell work are encouraged to apply. Among other tasks, they will be responsible for the generation of ES cells and transgenic mice as well as subsequent analyses
- Experience with immunization and conditional in vivo manipulation using hormone-regulated systems would be desirable
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken) is mandatory
Are you interested?
Comprehensive application in English including CV with a letter of motivation, a brief statement of research experiences and interests, a copy of latest degree certificate, and the names of two references should be sent as one document by clicking on the 'Apply' button or to Prof. Dr. Hassan Jumaa (email@example.com).
Contract type: Fixed term
Level of employment: Fulltime
Application deadline: 30th Sept. 2016
Employment takes place through the administration department of the University Medical Center Ulm, which acts in the name and on behalf of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg. Handicapped people with equal qualifications will be employed preferentially. The University Medical Center Ulm aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore encourages qualified female to submit their application. In general, full-time positions are divisible. A subsequent employment is possible.