Epidemiologist, Associate Principal Scientist
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Client Services’ role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Epidemiologist, Associate Principal Scientist to join our Regulatory Affairs department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will lead the development and execution of scientific strategies and advocacy efforts in support of FDA submissions, external engagements on tobacco regulatory science and post market surveillance activities.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Utilizing knowledge of FDA tobacco regulation, and public health standards in the assessment of the impact of a new tobacco product on the population as a whole in support of MRTP/PMTA submissions and post market surveillance activities.
* Applying quantitative risk assessment principles to address complex regulatory requirements for product submissions. Development of computational models to predict population impacts of an intervention.
* Demonstrating leadership capabilities to conceptualize and defend scientific strategy in support of MRTP/PMTA submission that is aligned with broader business strategies.
* Collaborating within and across departments or external stakeholders on the development of control measures, prevention programs and mitigation strategies in support of post market surveillance infrastructure.
* Identifying key opinion leaders in the field and build the network of external experts to assure that our approach and execution is well accepted within the FDA and public health community.
* Maintaining the high level of technical knowledge within established area of specialty in order to educate and positively influence research requirements within the agreed upon framework.
* PhD in public health, or epidemiology, biostatistics, or biomedical science.
* Experience with tobacco science and understanding of tobacco regulatory environment in the US is highly desirable.
* 5+ years of postgraduate experience (not including post-doctoral research) in the field of 1) epidemiology of chronic diseases, or 2) risk assessment or 3) development of harm reduction strategies.
* Strong quantitative risk assessment skills
* Strong analytic and critical thinking skills; ability to analyze and synthesize data, develop data-based conclusions and insights, and deliver them in engaging presentations or publishable reports
* Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
* Strong time management, organizational, and analytical skills, attention to details
* Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
* Excellent writing and presentation capability
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status,
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Or simply click Apply.